Learn more about the Youth Packing List requirements.
Required at Admission:
- Picture Identification.
- Insurance/Medical card.
- Prescription medications in their original packaging, with their original packaging with full label visible.
- Bring enough prescription medication for your entire stay.
- If possible, ask your pharmacy to provide bubble packs.
- Over the counter medication must be in unopened sealed containers. Bring only enough for your stay.
- Please DO NOT bring large bottles.
- OTC medications are considered "medications" by the Department of Health and therefore must be stored and controlled in SMR medication room like a prescriptions medication. You cannot keep these in your room.
- Any medical documentation requested.
Vitamins and/or Supplements:
- Patients are allowed to bring 1 and only 1 unopened bottle of a multivitamin. Please bring the smallest bottle possible to last your stay.
- Please DO NOT bring large count bottles.
- Supplements are not allowed.
- Nicotine patches, please bring patches in their original unopened packaging. (7 mg-14 mg only). The only exception for additional vitamins or any supplements is a written recent order from a Doctor or equivalent prescribing specific vitamins and/or supplements. Order must be within 90 days of admission. Medical Director or designee may discontinue vitamins and/or supplements.
- 7-10 days worth of clothing (please do not bring delicate clothing that will not hold up to standard washing and drying machines).
- Workout clothing and gym/athletic shoes.
- Hiking boots.
- Sandals, flip flops or any opened toed shoes are to be worn with socks.
- Toiletries (personal care items in labeled containers—toothbrush, shampoo, soap, deodorant, makeup removal cloths/wipes, lotions that you would normally pack. If you use mouth wash please bring alcohol-free.
- Youth are allowed money to be placed in a spending account, for vending machines and the bookstore.
- Small AM/FM clock radio that plugs into the wall. It cannot contain batteries.
- Ear Buds to be used in the school environment only. (non-Bluetooth)
Please do not bring:
- Tobacco products, including vapes of any kind, lighters, matches.
- Chewing gum, candy or outside food.
- Razors, scissors, hair clippers (disposable razors are provided by SMR).
- Gang attire, bandanas, tank tops, leggings, or revealing clothing.
- Cell phones.
- Laptops, netbooks, iPads, or any type of computer.
- DVD players.
- Game Consoles or any type of video game.
- iPods, CD players or any type of music player.